Sunday, August 12, 2012
Home Organization - Folding that Freakin' Fitted Sheet!
I have been having a nightmare of a time this weekend doing enough laundry to fill a castle ( and I am not sure where it all came from). The hardest part, which I usually push to the end of the list, was folding the clean linens. In particular, the freakin' fitted sheets are what gives me the moment of insanity.
If your linen closet/cabinet/pile looks anything like mine, then you have your fitted sheets in a big frustrated, rolled up, massive ball of a sheet. I found this tutorial with images, that ACTUALLY WORKED!!! I have to share this trick with you so your closet/cabinet/pile (and mine) can finally have a chance at looking like the magazines…. OR at least nice enough that you aren’t running full speed, screaming in horror, trying to stop guests before they open your linen closet J
image via Martha Stewart
1. With the sheet inside out, place one hand in each of two adjacent corners.
2. Bring your right hand to your left, and fold the corner in your right hand over the one in your left, so the corner on top is right side out.
3. Next, reach down and pick up the corner that is adjacent to the one that was in your right hand (it will be hanging in front), and fold it over the other two; this third corner will be inside out.
4. Bring the last corner up, and fold it over the others so it is right side out.
5. Lay the sheet flat, and straighten it into the shape shown above.
6. Fold the two edges in, folding the edge with elastic in first, so all elastic is hidden.
7. Fold the strip into a smaller rectangle.
8. Continue folding until rectangle is the size you want.
NOTE: directions made for a right-handed person; if you are a "leftie" then use the hand opposite the one suggested above