Search This Blog

Wednesday, July 4, 2012

4th Of July - Last minute Frozen Firework Treats

Hey All!  Happy Independence Day to you all!!!

I don't know about you all but this last week I was hit with a DOOOOOOZY of a storm that knocked out our otherwise reliable power in the area for the longest 3 days!  Oh yeah, did I mention that it was right in the middle of the latest nationwide heat wave??  well it was.  Needless to say, with the power outage, lost groceries, work and the holiday falling in the middle of the week, I am totally not ready for the 4th of July this year.

Since I am running behind I was so happy to find a great posting for last minute treats to take to the fireworks without needing too many groceries (bonus! since I lost all mine this week) and you don't need too much time.  Now that I have raved about the ease of these last minute treats, I guess I should share them so you can head out to the fireworks too. Luckily if you do run out of time for these cool treats, I have a fabulous feeling that these fruity Tea-sicles will be perfect for any hot day this summer!


Berry-Lime Popsicles (I like 2call them Tea-sicles)

YIELD: 8 popsicles

INGREDIENTS:

8 3-ounce plastic cups
sliced strawberries
blueberries
12 ounces Berry Lime Iced Tea (or flavor of choice)

DIRECTIONS:

1. Fill each cup halfway full with fresh fruit. Add about 1.5 ounces of Iced Tea to fill each cup. Do not overfill.
2. Cover each cup with a small piece of foil and insert a popsicle stick into the center of each cup.
3. Freeze for at least 4 hours.


No comments:

Post a Comment