Search This Blog

Sunday, January 22, 2012

Fashion DIY - Miu Miu inspired shoes

YAAAAAY!  Ok, now that I got out my burst of excitement let me clue you in on why I am so excited so that maybe you can join me in jumping up and down like a crazy person.

As an aware woman with an admitted shoe obsession, I have taken the next step and have been wanting to learn to make my own shoes.  Can you imagine the possibilities???  A shoe lover who knows how to make my own shoes??? There wouldn't be enough closet space in the world :o) Maybe it's a good thing that I cant find a class near me.

The next best thing is learning how to upcycle a pair of already made shoes to look like a pair of brand new designer shoes.  I found a tutorial that I want to share with everyone that instructs us on just that, recreating a pair of Miu Miu heels for our own DIY closets!!!  Honestly WTF has been so amazing in sharing the How-To for this amazing project and you can link to the site here or you can check out my re-post below and start working on your shoes immediately! Good luck Pulling these amazing DIY upcycled shoes Together!

(BTW, I have the golden yellow sling backs with the jeweled heels on her site, and if I though of how to do this before purchasing, I would have saved enough money to buy a ton more shoes to DIY.  But I love those jewel-y shoes so it's all good!)


DIY Miu Miu Jeweled Heels



Supplies 
  • a pair of heeled shoes
  • 40-50 large and medium (10-15 mm) multi-shaped rhinestones
  • 30-40 small (3-6 mm) round rhinestones
  • E-6000 glue
  • tweezers
  • small dish or container
  • toothpick
  • flat nose pliers (optional)


Instructions:

Use pre-set rhinestones.  With flat nose pliers, pry the prongs open to release the crystal rhinestones. Skip this step if you’re using loose, flat back rhinestones.


Squeeze some glue into a small dish or container. Pick up one of the larger rhinestones with the tweezers, dip the backside into the glue.


Press the stone into the top of the center of the heel. Add several other large stones around the top, gradually working your way down to the middle of the heel with smaller stones. Go back and add small round stones in bare spots. There is no right or wrong way to creating the pattern – have fun with it!





A tip: the smaller round stones will require the tiniest bit of glue. Dip a toothpick into the glue, dab it onto the backside of the stone and apply to the shoe.



Repeat the same steps on the other shoe . . .



And you’re bejeweled!








No comments:

Post a Comment