I am a huge fan of wearing bright and happy colors on otherwise gloomy days. Dressing "happy" helps pick up your mood and the mood of those around you. As we all know, mood is a real basis of how well our day goes so take a look at today's inspiration and HAVE FUN while you are Pulling It Together (yeah, I know, I am cheesy for using the blog title in the entry it self, but I just couldn't help myself). Polka Dots have always reminded me of symbolic rain drops or snow flakes but more symmetric and fun. This polka dot ensemble is my version of a happy confetti rain and you can wear it out to lunch, church, shopping with the girls, wear it to work or a thousand other places! Notice that I used the coral rose color that is one of Pantone's Spring/Summer 2011 colors. You can be classic, trendy, fun and weather appropriate all at the same time so DON'T let the wet weather keep you feeling gray and gloomy all day!
- PAUL & JOE Pünktchen-Kleid Dujardin in darkblue & white $325 - maryandpaul.de
- Linea Scoop neck cardigan $51 - houseoffraser.co.uk
- Butter Women's Suellen Platform Peep-Toe Pump $297 - endless.com
- Orange triangle lock satchel $45 - dorothyperkins.com
- Sequin Nancy Necklace, Gunmetal $105 - charmandchain.com
- Exceptional Earrings in Black $32 - simplysoles.com
- Marc by Marc Jacobs D1 Classic Marc Polka Dot Dome Ring $62 - couture.zappos.com
- Barneys New York Polka-Dot Folding Umbrella $130 - barneys.com
I had a Great question from Phorrest about some open toed shoes in the rain. I responded to the comment but wasn't able to add the back up shoe option image there - so here is the shoe sold at Asos. It is close toed for the harder rain days and has a water resistant covering to keep your tootsies dry and colorful!