Search This Blog

Tuesday, June 28, 2011

Polka Dot Tuesday!

It's a little late, but I know that some of us are still getting dressed on this summer day and the threatening storms approaching may leave us questioning "What am I going to wear today?".  I always wonder why everyone looks so dreary on cloudy, rainy days.  Do we have to add to the gray gloom just because it is going to rain???  NO WAY!!!

I am a huge fan of wearing bright and happy colors on otherwise gloomy days.  Dressing "happy" helps pick up your mood and the mood of those around you.  As we all know, mood is a real basis of how well our day goes so take a look at today's inspiration and HAVE FUN while you are Pulling It Together (yeah, I know, I am cheesy for using the blog title in the entry it self, but I just couldn't help myself).  Polka Dots have always reminded me of symbolic rain drops or snow flakes but more symmetric and fun.  This polka dot ensemble is my version of a happy confetti rain and you can wear it out to lunch, church, shopping with the girls, wear it to work or a thousand other places!  Notice that I used the coral rose color that is one of Pantone's Spring/Summer 2011 colors.  You can be classic, trendy, fun and weather appropriate all at the same time so DON'T let the wet weather keep you feeling gray and gloomy all day!






























 I had a Great question from Phorrest about some open toed shoes in the rain.  I responded to the comment but wasn't able to add the back up shoe option image there - so here is the shoe sold at Asos.  It is close toed for the harder rain days and has a water resistant covering to keep your tootsies dry and colorful!


    Carvela Bethany Bright Sling Back Shoe

4 comments:

  1. I love the coral! I wonder how it will look on me, I may have to buy something in this color!
    So my question is, what happens when you wear open-toe shoes & it rains?! Don't your feet get wet?

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great Question Phorrest!
    It depends on how much it is raining, but if it isn't puddling on the ground you can get away with very little wet feet in an open toe shoe. If it is raining really hard, I would suggest a more covered shoe. Maybe like this Carvela Bethany Bright Sling Back Shoe found at Asos. You can use this link to find these shoes:

    http://us.asos.com/Carvela-Carvela-Bethany-Bright-Sling-Back-Shoe/vzcpi/?iid=1443481&MID=35719&affid=2135&siteID=neQRQBqOKtQ-Iyz7QmuHJFSZv84pjveLQg&mporgp=L2NvdW50cnlpZC8yL0NhcnZlbGEvQ2FydmVsYS1CZXRoYW55LUJyaWdodC1TbGluZy1CYWNrLVNob2UvUHJvZC8.

    ReplyDelete
  4. AnonymousJuly 02, 2011

    love the baby boots...too bad my baby is all grown up!

    ReplyDelete