Search This Blog

Wednesday, June 29, 2011

Summer Pasta Salad

If you are like me, when it comes to dinner in the summer months you don't want to have anything heavy with the extreme heat but it is so hard to find something that can fill us up, stay light AND be easy.  I know we are all busy, stretched to the breaking point, trying to pull our day together and finish it all off with a nice meal.  Now that is NOT too much to ask, and I am a picky eater so you know it's good!

I found this fantastic Summer Pasta Salad and the recipe at FamilyFun.com and it looked perfect for the 4th of July holiday parties and picnics as well as the everyday summer lunch and dinner.  It just looks so good and SO EASY!  I think I will try this out tomorrow or this weekend for the holiday!
Pasta Salad with Fresh Herbs
Here is the direct link to the recipe so you can go pull this easy dish together and tell me how yours turned out, what you did or did not do differently and why you love or hate it!
http://familyfun.go.com/recipes/pasta-salad-with-fresh-herbs-688022/
*I did read that it tastes better after letting it sit in the fridge overnight or a day, so make extra and eat up as leftovers!

I want to hear all about how you pulled it together for yourself, so get going and try it out... don't make me beg.

1 comment:

  1. AnonymousJuly 18, 2011

    This reminds me of an old favorite...
    Make whichever pasta shape you prefer (bow-ties, shells, rotini, etc.) Add your favorite chopped veges--including sliced olives, etc. (Optional adds: small cubes of cheese, chopped pepperoni or summer sausage, etc.) Lightly sprinkle on (I pour) italian salad dressing to taste. While I know some people don't like vinegar, you can use other kinds of dressings--such as raspberry vinegarette, etc. Each time you make it, it is "unique." Great for pot-lucks at work or get-togethers--especially since you don't have to worry about "mayonaise sitting out". Thanks for reminding me!

    ReplyDelete