Search This Blog

Wednesday, October 26, 2011

Makeover - Fall Outfits Under $250 (Part 3)

This is the 3rd part of a 3 part series based off of Redbook Magazine's Fall Outfits Under $250.  In Part 1, I posted the various pieces that make up the Fall wardrobe that were mixed and matched to create the outfits in parts 2 & 3.  I want to remind you that these clothing pieces were selected by American women who were surveyed by Yahoo and Redbook.  I may not love all the pieces, the hideous oxford shoes mostly, but I can't argue with the masses so I did include some outfits with these pieces anyway.  I hope this 3 post series and the Redbook article inspire you to really minimize your closet as a whole while mixing and matching to expand your available wardrobe.

Don't get me wrong, I will never be able to give up my extensive shoe collection, but after reading the article and writing this series of posts, I do feel like I can experiment with mixing and matching pieces I would not normally consider.  I was particularly inspired by the creativity of the last look!  I would have never taken a scarf and turned it into a belt one day and then a top the next.  That is SO out of my box!!

***I challenge you to reach outside of your comfort zone to Pull Together a mixed outfit from existing pieces in your closet!

Anyway, here is the final installment of the "Makeover - Fall Outfits Under $250" series.  If you want to see more outfits created using these pieces, check out the Redbook Magazine article.  












No comments:

Post a Comment