Search This Blog

Monday, September 12, 2011

Makeover Monday - Cheap & Creative DIY Floor Update

Welcome to a great MAKEOVER MONDAY!  My favorite way to turn a monday from a doom and gloom attitude day is to treat myself with something fun on Mondays so I have something to look forward to.  I hope that these Makeover Monday posts do that for you because I am really excited to share some amazing ways to makeover your home, life and wardrobe and help all of us Pull It Together cheaply, easily and most of all creatively!  Monday's are the perfect day to see all the amazing makeover projects you did over the weekend and share any projects that I Pulled Together. 


I found this AMAZING "wood" floor on ApartmentTherapy.com and had to share it with you!  I think this would be so fun in a bathroom or a kids playroom... or really anywhere you want to have fun and go a little crazy with your design. 

I love Sharpie markers, I just love using them whenever and where ever I can!  I have also used markers in my home art but never to this extent and never on the floor.  How creative!  Bathrooms are a really difficult place to keep wood floors but I can see this kind of wood floor design in a really fun black and white bathroom.  I can't imagine how long it would take but from my experience with using sharpies, I guess it would take a whole heck of a lot of markers! 

If you decide to venture into this makeover, I would suggest making darn sure you are ready to commit to this, once you start you either have to go all the way, cover it with a whole new flooring or leave it half way and be so not pulled together. ;P 

Remember to seal this floor so that you don't do all the drawing work and then scrape it off within weeks.  I wonder if you could tape a stencil to the ceiling light and use it as a kind of projector to get the design you want to draw out on your floor.  that could really help anyone who feels like they are less artistically inclined (although I truly believe that everyone has it in them, it is just about trusting in your own inner creative genes)  If you can't some how rig up a projector kind of stencil then I also recommend using chalk to map out your design.  Chalk is my favorite tool when I start Pulling Together a mural so I am sure it would be helpful in the Sharpie project. Just remember to wipe the chalk line away before you draw the marker lines, chalk will soak up the moisture in the marker faster than you can imagine, causing you to go through new markers every few inches.  Yes, I said inches, not feet.  It's ridiculous!

I think I want to try this on my bathroom floor before we redo the bathroom, kind of like Pulling Together a test floor. If I get around to doing that with my long list of projects, then I will be sure to share it with you! Plese Share whatever DIY Sharpie Makeover you do!





No comments:

Post a Comment